We are delighted to announce that Showcase Victoria 2020 will be held at the Ulumbarra Theatre in Bendigo May 12 – 14.
Meaning ‘gather together’ or ‘meeting place’ in the language of the local Dja Dja Wurrung people, Bendigo’s Ulumbarra Theatre rises majestically from what was once the Sandhurst Gaol.
The theatre is a redevelopment of the gaol, which operated from 1863 until 2004. Today you walk into an extraordinary arts and community facility and events venue that cleverly fuses heritage-listed 1860s penitentiary architecture and contemporary design.
In 2020 we will again be presenting a streamed program format. This is designed to encourage a greater and more diverse range of work that needn’t necessarily fit into the traditional main stage category and to allow venues and programmers more flexibility around which sessions they attend depending on their programming needs. The program will also include info and networking sessions with a selection of Australia’s major performing arts organisations and a speed-dating session for venues and producers.
Showcase Victoria is Australia’s leading state-based performing arts marketplace and a critical part of Victoria’s touring process. The three-day event provides a unique platform for producers, artists and theatre-makers to make connections and showcase their work to a wide range of venue managers and programmers with the ultimate aim of facilitating touring.
The program streams are as follows –
- Main Stage – works of scale of all genres suitable for the main stages of performing arts centres
- Smaller Stages – one to three handers suitable for a variety of spaces including black boxes, halls, galleries, libraries and festivals
- Music Makers – original and/or contemporary music suitable for a range of spaces
- Site Specific – installations dotted around the venue for attendees to experience
- Expo – trade show style expo
KEY DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
25 Nov 19 – Applications Open 1pm (EST)
9 Jan 20 – Applications Close 1 pm (EST)
30 Mar 20 – Program announced and tickets on sale
12 – 14 May 20 – SHOWCASE VICTORIA 2020