Whalebone ///. Wunderkammer
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
WHALEBONE is multi-disciplinary show, integrating eccentric contraptions, puppetry, video projections, animation, object-manipulation and physical performance.
Part installation, part story-telling, part performance and highly interactive, I was completely delighted by its poetic scope, the delicacy of its physical and narrative structure, the breadth of art forms inherently connected to the story... and focussing on profound imaginative experiences for children.
Marcia Ferguson, after seeing the first creative development
Audience & Marketing Notes
- School groups - A range of workshops are available to complement the performance. Links to the curriculum include performance, science and technology, design and creativity, as well as reflections around the importance of stories and memories.
- CALD families - WHALEBONE is presented with reduced verbal interactions, and relies on its visual content to tell the story. It will thus appeal to families who speak English as a second language.
- Tech Heads / Amateur Inventors - WHALEBONE is full of elaborate gadgets, inventions and contraptions. It’s a great show for people who love to know how things work
- Puppetry lovers - Lovers of fantastical stories
- Jens offers workshops ranging from contraption building to flying objects, Foley artist ,theatre and circus
kids 5 - 12 and families
All kind of stages, min size 8 x 6 m, height 4.5 m