- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
Your town is the backdrop and a travelling bus is the theatre in this new work for children.
The technically complex show happened with such ease that I allowed myself to dream and believe in miracles ... the bus drives another bend, around a new atmosphere-saturated corner, and the narrator cuts in again filling the bus with a story that evokes strong feelings – akin to first love.
AR BĒRNIEM Satori
Audience & Marketing Notes
- The Narrator puts its audience on a bus (a place where some are more comfortable then in a theatre building) and promises a rich and unusual dramatic experience.
- The backdrop / design is the streets and landscape of the real world.
- The story unfolds as you drive around, and the scenes take place in different locations as well as on board the bus.
- The audience remain in their seat for the duration of the performance.
- The experience has been likened to being inside a film. With the help of onboard music, the bus windows feel like screens which are surrounding you in an immersive way.
- The Narrator was acclaimed in its premiere season in Latvia with an enormous audience waiting list.
- The work helps children to reimagine places they might know as sites for childhood experiences.
- Jessica Wilson has made very successful works on buses for adult audiences including 'Passenger' which toured to London in 2019, but this is her first work on a bus for a child audience.
- The Narrator is embedded in the landscape of your town in places that resonate with your community / audience. It involves a two day recci and then a one week re-mapping process in each new town / location prior to opening. This process begins with consultation with local children to find sites which they identify with. These places inform the new route and their anecdotes will inform the script adaptation.
4-14 y/o's and their families
Site based performance that requires a set of streets and sites that can be identified by the presenter in partnership with the Company.