The Alphabet of Awesome Science
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A scientific race through the alphabet – where fascinating words inspire spectacular science.
Got a kid in your family who’s a little inquisitive? Then for the love of all that is scientific, take them to see this show! You’ll love it just as much as they do… If I could give it six stars I would.
Audience & Marketing Notes
- The Alphabet of Awesome Science debuted to critical acclaim at the 2019 Adelaide Fringe Festival, winning a Weekly Award for “Best Children’s Event”.
- It is an utterly unique theatrical experience – a spectacular character-driven ‘science theatre’ piece that both figuratively and literally fizzes with fun.
- The Alphabet of Awesome Science promotes both English language literacy as well as science literacy, encouraging audiences to engage with beautiful words, as well as captivating scientific phenomena. Links to the Australian Curriculum are available for schools – as are an evolving collection of educational resources.
- Professors Lexi Con and Noel Edge are a positive celebration of all things geeky – emboldening audiences to embrace their own individual passions. At the end of each performance, kids are always eager to mob the professors – to share their favourite parts of the show as well as to ask questions and tell their own stories.
- A web series is in development, as well as other online activities and resources.
- Oh, and did we mention that this show includes liquid nitrogen and fireballs and explosions and rockets and air donuts AND a bed of nails?
5 to 12 year olds and families
Proscenium Arch, Black Box, Thrust (some), Hall (some)