Producer: Bec Reid and Anna Seymour
Writer: Anna Seymour and Collaborators
Directed By: Anna Seymour
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
About the Work
SPIN: a Deaf-led participatory dance performance and immersive experience for audiences.
it was SO MUCH fun and incredibly special. I can’t talk highly enough of SPIN! Program it, participate in it and tell everyone else to do the same!
Samantha Butterworth, Producer at Darebin Arts Speakeasy
Touring & Tech
Technical Rating: D
Touring Party: 10
Bump-in Time: 4 hrs
Bump-out Time: 4 hrs
Marketing & Engagement
Audience & Marketing Notes
- A Deaf-led dance party involving theatre skits, contemporary dance sections, guided dance sections, Deaf stories/experiences of clubbing and partying, a free-style dance party and a collective meditation.
- Suitable for all ages
- Suitable for different bodies
- Intersectionality of Deaf culture, dance culture and party culture
- A reclaim of the 'dance club'
- Can occur in varied venues
- In addition to a performance season, SPIN can offer public dance workshops for both the local hearing and Deaf communities; in particular, the Deaf community upon request. Workshop participants may be local dance students, multi-disciplinary artists, teachers etc.
- Workshops will be presented in Auslan with an Auslan/English interpreter.
- Anna Seymour can offer her Ritual/Re-Route/Re-Connect movement workshop which is 2 hours in duration. This workshop is targeted for dancers, actors, directors, choreographers and anyone interested in movement or working within the Deaf community.
Black Box, Flat Floor, Fully accessible, 15 x 15m of dance floor space