- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A vibrant circus experience; a degustation of sensation.
The show is both sensuous and clean-cut: it oozes with lush fluidity yet every move is executed with clinical precision. One Fell Swoop Circus’s Sensory Decadence is an accomplished and invigorating work of circus art. The performers’ physically demanding and visually immaculate acrobatic choreography recalls the best of this genre
Audience & Marketing Notes
- Sensory Decadence is a degustation of sensation and experience – beyond the spectacular acrobatics of circus, audiences will be drawn into intimate encounters with skin and muscle. It invites the audience to see the theatre as a restaurant: to sample the richness of each acrobatic morsel.
- Exceptional and striking imagery
- High level acrobatics from elite trained Australian performers
- Everyday objects used in unusual ways – eg acrobatic duet with bread
- The action takes place from ground level to 8 metres up in the air
- 5 star review from ArtsHub
- Meet the cast: Our ensemble of 5 is a diverse bunch including a handbalancer from Brisbane, a former street busker from New Zealand, and a performer who has founded her own feminist circus collective. Jon left a degree in mathematics and physics to pursue circus as his career; Charice built the strength for her male-dominated specialty working on her grandmother’s sheep farm.
- We offer workshops for all ages in circus and acrobatics. The entire ensemble are experienced trainers and hold WWC checks. We can provide some basic equipment, i.e. juggling balls and other props.
- We also offer masterclasses in a range of aerial disciplines that could tie into local circus spaces for existing circus students.
All ages, Ideally 15+