Sense of Self
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A magical sensory world to soothe and delight
Thank you for once again for creating a beautiful, calm and inviting space for Knox Festival. Your contribution to our events has become a real highlight for festival goers, and your creative skills are shining within the festival setting, achieving a sense of quirky fun within a vibe of absolute serenity.
Audience & Marketing Notes
- In a world of underlying disconnection and loneliness, I’m passionate about art that connects and elevates the richness and resilience of the human spirit. Sense of Self is a visually pleasing, memorable sensory experience for all the family to enjoy together.
- This inclusive Sensory rich space allows people with Autism spectrum disorder/sensory processing disorder and additional needs to explore and feel soothed as they find their unique Sense of Self.
- Whether under or over responsive to stimulation the space caters for these needs and allows families to all relax and explore together. A feeling of being held and safe results. This type of respite is few and far between from all accounts.
- Other selling points: it is a gentle low-tech space and the provenance of its hand-crafted nature is like a long lovely cuddle with grandma.
- Sense of Self is an immersive Art experience and chill zone all in one.
- 'Sense of Home' is an additional workshop based project suitable for community/school groups that can be held within Sense of Self.
- Focusing on human resilience we tap into our own stories, working with recycled materials, to build whimsical hanging Sunbird Nests. Recording and sharing the human stories is a magical addition to this project creating further connection, dialogue and possible healing opportunities.
- Pom-pom making and lovebird workshops also available.
- A night-time viewing is an exciting engagement of Sense of Self: with black-light torches popcorn and the thrill of adventure.
Children with additional needs