Once And For All
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
Using the stories of those buried in the cemetery to remind us what is important to ourselves
Loved it. It felt like well rounded research and gave a broad sense of the history here in Natimuk. A great way for young and old to connect with their local history. Theatrically a great mix of performance modes. Was interested from start to finish. It felt really heartfelt and personal.
Audience & Marketing Notes
- Site specific using the town’s cemetery
- Uses stories about the local community drawn from history and anecdote
- A cathartic and kind experience for those who've experienced a death of someone close or have someone buried in the cemetery.
- Artists resident in the town prior to the performances to build relationships and interest
- Extensive involvement of the community in constructing and delivering the show
- Prop making workshops prior to the performance can include various organisations such as local primary school, general public, old people's home
- Novel experience; part cemetery tour, part participatory theatrical experience make it exciting
- Opportunity given to confront and discuss death in an open and gentle way
- Promotes connection within community through cathartic conversations
- Such As They Are are resident in the town and meet the community to gather stories and construct the show.
- We use a local as our key connector to put us in touch with people and organisations.
- We work with the local historical society.
- We find local musicians and singers to participate in the performance.
- There is scope for individuals to read or speak.
- We include a local dancer or two.
- We run workshops to make cardboard props and set used in the show.
Adults & accompanied children
Part 1, site specific at cemetery, part 2 in a hall