- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A participatory Deaf-led dance rave party for children.
Our family went to the Kids Club: Mini SPIN earlier today and we LOVED it. We are really hoping it will happen again next year. Thanks for having such a great show/activity.
Audience & Marketing Notes
- A Deaf-led dance rave for Deaf, CODA and hearing children and their families
- 3 Deaf Hosts lead children and adults through an interactive and immersive dance party using theatre skits, Deaf culture stories and dancing that climaxes in a free-form dance party where everyone, children, adults, Auslan interpreters and Deaf Hosts dance together to funky DJ music.
- Auslan and Auslan interpreters are incorporated in the show.
- Interactive, immersive, playful.
- Can occur in varied venues.
- The Deaf Hosts can offer a dance workshop for children with Deaf and CODA children as priority.
- Lead Artist Anna Seymour can also offer contemporary dance workshops focussed on inclusive practice for both Deaf and hearing dancers/performers at different stages in their practice/careers.
Kids 5-12 Years
Black Box, Flat Floor, Fully accessible, 15 x 15m of dance floor space