Margaret Fulton The Musical
Producer: Jally Entertainment
Writer: Book and Lyrics – Doug MacLeod / Music – Yuri Worontschak
Directed By: Aarne Neeme
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
About the Work
Adapted from the autobiography “I Sang for My Supper” by Margaret Fulton
Genuinely funny, heart-warming theatre!
Touring & Tech
Technical Rating: D
Touring Party: 10
Bump-in Time: 6 hrs
Bump-out Time: 1 hrs
Marketing & Engagement
Audience & Marketing Notes
- Australian Icon. Australian script. Australian music.
- Before Margaret Fulton burst into the nation’s kitchens in 1969 with her burnt orange crockpots and chunky stoneware serving dishes, encouraging housewives to try their hand at Nasi Goreng and Apricot Chicken, Australian food was bland, boring and British, or overly fussy, fancy and French!
- The Margaret Fulton Cookbook, with hundreds of recipes, step-by step instructions, hints, tips and full-colour pictures, was a huge success, and taught a generation of women how to make delicious, economical dishes for family and friends. The era of the dinner party was born! Armed with a fondue set, a pressure cooker and their new confidence, women transformed themselves from family cooks to elegant hostesses, serving Chicken Liver Pâté, Sweet and Sour Pork and Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding.
- Margaret’s book sold over 1.5 million copies.
- Q & A available after each performance.
- Masterclass with the cast - small / medium group of eager participants to spend 1 hour with cast rehearsing a song and then sing live on stage prior to the start of Margaret Fulton The Musical. This will assist participants becoming more community involved and building confidence to perform in front of a live audience
- Themed events - Decorating the venues for the 1960's 70's or 80's -inviting the audience to dress up - A 'Best Margaret Fulton cake or meal' competition.
- Gain support from the CWA - or another local group for fundraising opportunity.
Any indoor space with a raised stage