Don’t Mess With the Dummies
Producer: Dummies Corp
Writer: Jamie Bretman, Simon Wright, Shona Conacher, Ellen Henry, Maya Tregonning
Directed By: Jamie Bretman
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
About the Work
Stampede into the jungle for a circus filled extravaganza that will have you chuckling like a monkey
The audience interaction runs strong in this rambunctious rollick through circus acrobatics and slapstick comedy.
Touring & Tech
Technical Rating: D
Touring Party: 4
Bump-in Time: 5 hrs
Bump-out Time: 1 hrs
Marketing & Engagement
Audience & Marketing Notes
- From the critically acclaimed, multi-award-winning Dummies Corp. comes an all-new production made up of a superstar cast of female Dummies
- Like a Pixar film, the show appeals across generations creating a shared experience for parents and grandparents and their children.
- A high energy hour of circus, slapstick and comedy.
- Highly reviewed and in demand across the UK, Australia and throughout Asia
- No dialogue – the show is entirely visual storytelling
- interactive and immersive – performance involves the audience as much or as little as they feel comfortable. Performers move in and around the audience throughout the performance
- Performance features Clowning, juggling, acrobatics, hoops, slapstick, shadow puppets and imaginative play
- Company can offer, a clowning/slapstick focused workshop and a circus skills workshop.
- Each workshop can cater for up to 30 participants ages 6+ and lasts for an hour. Participants don't need any prior ability and will leave having learnt some of the moves they have seen in the show, creating a strong connection between the performance, the artists and their own experience.
- Both workshops, like the show, place great emphasis on creative play and empower participants to carry this imaginative embodied experience into their lives beyond the workshop.
All ages, family friendly
Pros arch, thrust stage, Black box, halls, tents