A Night Traversing Earth and Stars
- About the Work
- Touring & Tech
- Marketing & Engagement
A blend of old world instruments, electronic beats and choir or orchestra with mesmerising puppetry and visuals.
The kids sat for 60min straight! That’s how magically mesmerising this show is!!
Kristyna Hessova, mother of three boys
Being involved in this show was an inspiration for me
Jacqueline Hope, community choir participant
Audience & Marketing Notes
- Engaging with local choirs and ensembles from the local community that the performance is in
- Unusual instruments - lute, dulcimer, bell cittern, sansula etc. in a contemporary setting with electronic beats
- Dandelion Wine’s extensive touring history throughout Europe, Asia and Australia
- Predominantly female production (Dandelion Wine are two-thirds women, both puppeteers are women, members of most community choirs and many orchestras and ensembles are predominantly women)
- Family friendly
- Local ensemble or choir (central to the show) - this can be a string quartet, chamber orchestra or even a full orchestra
- Possibility of doing a workshop in combining medieval, folk and classical instruments in a contemporary amplified folk/rock/electronic setting, including arrangement tips, equipment and techniques for amplification, effects and live looping. We have given these workshops in Europe, including with the Alytus Youth Orchestra in Lithuania.
- Possibility of having a young puppeteer from the local community as an intern on the show (Keira Lyons is a qualified and currently practicing secondary school teacher)
All ages, family friendly
The show can work in any of these spaces
Budget & FeesWhat are these? Find out more.
Weekly Sell Off: $8000
Per Performance: $3000