Applications to be part of the event program are encouraged from outlined genres of the performing arts, including contemporary music.
Artistic Quality and Innovation
- Does the submission involve a high degree of artistic excellence?
- If the production has been previously staged, did it receive a positive public and critical response?
- Will this project positively contribute to the variety and diversity of productions on offer to presenters as part of Showcase 2022?
- Does the project fall within one of the stated priority artforms/genres as outlined by presenters?
- Does the submission involve a new Australian work?
- Does the submission include a complete and relevant technical plan, or does the applicant have capacity to develop one?
- Will the project budget be appropriate and is it in accordance with standard conditions (see LPA AWARD here).
Diversity and Accessibility
- Does the submission involve artists / arts professionals, and / or appeal to audiences, from culturally diverse backgrounds?
- Does the submission involve artists / arts professionals, and / or contribute to the development of audiences, who are who are Deaf and disabled?
First Peoples Artists and Communities
- Does the submission involve First Peoples artists / arts professionals?
- Does the submission involve themes / stories relevant to First Peoples audiences / communities?
- Does the application demonstrate awareness of the Australia Council Protocols For Using First Nations Cultural And Intellectual Property In The Arts? (Available HERE)
Audience Appeal and Community Engagement
- Does the submission include a complete and relevant marketing plan & materials, or does the applicant have a solid strategy to create one?
- Has the submission clearly identified relevant audiences and target markets?
- Does the submission contribute to the development of new and / or existing audiences?