Applications are assessed by the Showcase Victoria Selection Panel, which is made up of different industry representatives each year (current members listed below).
Applications are competitive and are assessed against the following criteria:
Artistic Quality and Innovation:
- Is the work of high artistic calibre?
- Is the work particularly innovative in terms of form, content or genre?
- Does the application involve a new Australian work?
- Does the application include a complete and relevant technical plan or does the panel feel the applicant has the capacity to develop one?
- Does the panel feel the project budget would be appropriate and is in accordance with standard conditions?
Diversity and Accessibility:
- Does the application involve artists / arts professionals, and / or appeal to audiences, from culturally diverse backgrounds?
- Does the application involve artists / arts professionals, and / or contribute to the development of audiences, who are who are of mixed abilities?
Audience Appeal and Community Engagement:
- Does the application include a complete and relevant marketing plan & materials or does the panel feel the applicant has the capacity to develop one?
- Has the application clearly identified relevant audiences and target markets?
- Does the application contribute to the development of new and / or existing audiences?
Showcase Victoria 2019 Selection Panel
Jenny Ryssenbeek, VAPAC
Rosie Dwyer, Regional Arts Victoria
Dale Packard, Regional Arts Victoria
Cheryl Rush, Drum Theatre
Stephen Henderson, Capital Venues & Events
Andrew Thomson, The Wedge PAC
Marisa Cesario, Gasworks Arts Park
Kirsty Orr, Gannawarra Shire Council
Shana Miatke, Horsham Town Hall
David Gagliardi, Hamilton PAC
Malcolm Russell, Yarra Ranges Council
Danny Delahunty, Melbourne Fringe Festival