APPLICATIONS TO BE PART OF THE SHOWCASE VICTORIA 2018 PROGRAM HAVE NOW CLOSED. APPLICANTS WILL BE ADVISED OF THE OUTCOME VIA EMAIL BY 20th JANUARY 2018.
Showcase Victoria is the performing arts marketplace – an annual event which provides a unique platform for producers, artists and theatremakers to promote their work to a wide range of programmers from Victoria and beyond and ultimately to facilitate touring.
We encourage applications from all genres of the performing arts (including contemporary music) and are interested in productions looking to tour to both metro and regional venues, large and small including performing arts centres, festivals and community halls, in 2019 and beyond.
In 2018 the Showcase Victoria event program will be made up of the following sessions –
- Pitches – live presentations of 8 minutes’ duration
- Excerpts – 12 minutes of live performance
- EXPO – where companies and artists with multiple works on offer promote them at trade show style stalls
Use the following tools to help craft your application. Questions? Contact Us!
TEMPLATES & TOOLS
- SHOWCASE VICTORIA 2018_APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- SHOWCASE VICTORIA 2018_APPLICATION_DRAFTING_TOOL
- Link to Technical Rating System http://touringselector.com/about/production_ratings
- Showcase-Victoria-Program-2017.pdf – use this as guidance to help you write about your work and gain an understanding of the event
- Technical Tips for Touring – presented by Matthew Schroeders, Showcase Victoria’s Technical Manager
- Live Performance Award 2010 – details award rates to help build your budget
- Notes on Budgeting by Auspicious Arts – as presented at the 2016 Victorian Touring Workshop
- The Performers’ Collective Agreement
- APACA-Guide-to-Touring-Touring – a comprehensive guide to touring in Australia